First is the cricket. I really don't mind the crickets, except that these guys seem to have taken over the garage. Every time I go into the garage and turn on the light I see them skatter into their hiding places. For some reason they seem bigger here, too, about 1 1/2 inches.
This I believe is called a crane fly. Big and ugly. When it flies, it looks like a giant 3 inch mosquito. 
Here is the House Centipede. I usually see these guys in the bathroom or the kitchen sink. Yes, the sink. These not so little suckers can really move. Big and Ugly. Not my favorite shower companion.

Meet the wolf spider. Found this guy crawling across the kitchen floor. Again, Big and Ugly.

All of these critters are hamless, just freaky (except the cricket).
I almost forgot to mention the yellow jackets that we had burrowed in the back lawn (sorry, no pic). They are not harmless, but they are gone now thanks to a wonderful thing called Sevin Dust.
Other than that, I am really enjoying Indiana.







6 comments:
Oh, I remember those wolf spiders. I didn't sleep in my bedroom for a week when I was little cause I saw one of those spiders by my bed. At least you love everything else!
We had those House Centipedes in New York. They would always freak me out and when you smash them it is like they are all legs and no body! Weird big ugly bugs!
thank goodness the spider pic didn't load on my computer! that would be too much for me.
Gross, I can't stand bugs! My skin is crawling just looking at your pictures!
ewwww!!!! one question: who killed the bugs, you or Jared? Tyler runs from them like a screaming school girl and I have to do the dirty work!
If he is around, Jared kills them. Otherwise, I do.
Post a Comment