Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference and Accordions

Wow, what a weekend! First and most important, Conference was wonderful. We spent the weekend with Jared's family to watch Conference with them and had a great time. I loved the messages recieved from our prophet and apostles, especially the talk by Elder Jeffery R. Holland about Jesus Christ. I love the feeling that I get that even though these men are talking to millions, it still feels like they are talking to me personally, and I can feel the genuine love that they have for me.

On a completely different note, our family discovered on Friday how to make a minivan look like this:
How, you may ask. It is a simple recipe. Drive on the freeway during Friday rush hour stop-and-go traffic. Then stop about 5 feet from the car in front of you. Next, look in the rear view mirror and watch the car behind you not slow down, hit you, and shove you into the car in front of you. It's that simple.
Thankfully, no one was hurt, but now we get to experience the joy of dealing with the insurance companies about getting our van fixed. We are grateful for the fact that there was an off-duty highway patrol officer who saw the whole thing happen, so we have his testimony that we were at a complete stop before being hit, so we were not at fault.
I am so grateful that it happened on Conference weekend so that we could have the huge spiritual uplift that we needed. Plus, it was great to be around Jared's family and enjoy their company for a few days. Things like that always help to make the bad things that happen seem not so bad, and help give you the proper perspective to cope with the situation. Thanks everyone. We love you!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! What a story! Awful to hear about the accident, but I'll speak for us all that we are SO glad to hear you are all ok! How scary, though, to see it happen from behind....no one's having back pain or anything? Are you getting new car seats out of it? (it's the law here, and insurance has to pay for it).

Tami said...

Ouch! Glad everyone is okay!

orangemily said...

Conference was awesome!
I hope things work out well with your van!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. Those are such scary moments! Good luck with the insurance companies. Love you guys!

Rach said...

Sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad no one was hurt. Hope things go smoothly with the insurance company.