Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pay It Forward

My sister-in-law is doing a "Pay it Forward" type of thing and I am excited to participate! Great movie, by the way.
Here are the rules:
The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way.
This is how it works… I am going to do some act of service, or something fun, inspiring or uplifting for the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry (please leave your email address if I don’t already have it). In turn you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. If those who respond to you are local, you can do something in person for them, or you can send something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie--just do something that will make the person smile. And remember that kindness doesn’t have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around!
So if you want to join the fun, just comment on this post, and the first 3 will get something fun from me. Just remember to pass it on.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I WANT A LEMON MERINGUE PIE IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!...I'm embarrassed being the first to respond, since I'm not asking for service, but I had to respond and tell you you are so fantastic, and doing a Pay it Forward is just so up your alley because you are ALWAYS thinking of other people! I love that! It's funny that we both posted something today about making other people smile...There's an awesome video on my blog now I think you'd enjoy!

Kerri said...

(ok I'm back, but it's because I wanted to list to your playlist while I'm working on the computer ;) Good taste!)

brockbank said...

So I'm not posting for the service and you don't have to use me. I know it's been so long since we've been in touch. I just have to tell you how inspiring this is and how great I think it is that you're doing this! Thank You.
P.S. If you use me my email is beccamattei@hotmail.com but you really don't have to. I just figured a lot of people would be waiting for the 1st three comments and I didn't want to wait to tell you that I love what you're doing!