Monday, July 13, 2009

Update (It's about time!)

So, I know I have been a complete slacker about keeping up-to-date on my blog. Life has just gotten so crazy lately. I finally feel adjusted to having three kidos now. I even am somewhat caught up on the laundry! YEAH!! Although, it seems as soon as I get all the washed laundry folded and put away, there are two more loads that need to be washed. It never ends.
The big news that I haven't written about at all is that Jared is going to get his MBA at Purdue. That means that we will be moving to West Lafayette, Indiana. We move in 3 weeks.
A few weekends ago Jared, baby N and I flew out there to look for a place to live. E and H stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Jenson. We stayed with our wonderful friends Steve and Kerri in Chicago. (We will only be a 3 hour drive away from them. We are so excited about that.) We spent a day driving around West Lafayette and the Purdue campus. We didn't find the housing we were hoping to find, but we now knew the area, and knew what area we wanted to live in. Then we spent a day playing with Steve and Kerri and their beautiful kidos. We went to the beach and had a great time. Then we went to Kerri's parents house and had some awesome Chicago pizza, and played Hand and Foot, a very fun card game. The next day we went to Sacrament Meeting with Steve and Kerri, and then left to catch our flight back to Utah. It was a great trip. Thanks Steve and Kerri for letting us stay with you! You are the BEST!!!
So, the housing hunt continued when we got back, via internet. We found a few places listed on the internet that were in the area and price range we wanted, but after a week of sending e-mails, and leaving phone messages, and not getting any response from any of them, I was getting pretty frustrated. Imaging knowing that you are going to be moving in 4 weeks and not having a place to move into. But finally we found a place, again in our price range and in the area we wanted, and the landlord actually answered the phone. It is a nice, older home, 1500 square feet with three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage and a big yard with mature trees, and only 5 miles from campus. We are so excited.
I have also been busy packing. Every day I pack a few boxes. My front room is full of packed boxes, and yet I look around our home, and it still looks like I haven't packed anything. When did we get so much stuff. Oh wait, it came with the kids. Crazy.
This week will be filled with packing boxes, and getting ready for our family reunion in Idaho that starts next Monday. I am really looking forward to a little break before the big, crazy move. Then after the reunion we will have five days until we pick up our moving truck and load everything up. Those five days are going to go by too fast.
Sorry there are no pictures. Too busy to load them onto the computer now. Maybe once we get settled in West Lafayette I will get them up.
We are so excited about this next adventure, but are sad to be moving so far away from our families. Grandma and Grandpa Sherwood and Jenson are really going to miss E, H, and Baby N. I will have to make sure to post lots of pictures to keep everyone updated.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

hey! thanks for the "good hosts" plug! We can't wait to play again. HOORAy for that great house!!! Good luck with packing!

The Fifes said...

congratulations! That's awesome-- good luck with the move!

orangemily said...

We are going to miss you so much! But I'm super excited for your new adventure and glad you found housing!
You're really going to have to keep up your blog now that we won't see you so often.
Good luck with packing and hauling!

Rach said...

Wow, Steve and Keri sound fun, can we stay at their house too? =) Congrats on Purdue! We will miss you being so close.