Monday, February 15, 2010

Lesson learned

Baby N is eating solids now! Has been for a while. Every time I feed him, H comes up and says "Ah wa bie" (translation- I want a bite). I always tell her no, that it is the baby's food. Well, the other day I was feeding him turkey and rice cereal, when H comes up and says "Ah wa bie". This time, I obliged, and gave her a nice big spoonful of baby food turkey. As soon as it was in her mouth, she gave me a look that said "What the heck are you feeding the baby. This is awful!!!" She bravely didn't spit it out, but choked it down. She gave me wry smile in triumph, but unfortunately, the gag reflex was too strong for her, and she threw up. I have never laughed so hard at being thrown up on.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

I actually just told this story to my Sis who has started baby foods, too. You also make me laugh each time I think of the typewriter tickles...still never saw that *slap* coming :)

Rach said...

Ha! Ha! Too funny! I agree with H, a lot of baby food is disgusting! You're a good Mom to laugh at being thrown up on, vomit is where I draw the line for laughing!!! =)

orangemily said...

At least she learned her lesson, I'm not sure I could have laughed about it.

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

I love that story. I'll be interested to see if she comes and asked you for a bite anymore!

Linz said...

That is funny! When I started Olivia on solids, Gracie did the same thing but she actually liked the baby food and reverted back... kinda scary!!