Saturday, November 7, 2009
Lightning Fast
Yesterday we took the kids to Chili's for dinner, finally using the gift card my parents gave Jared for his birthday in July. We had a great time. E and H enjoyed coloring on the kids menu, E was able to do the maze on the menu all by himself, and they loved being able to chug down as much strawberry lemonade they wanted, since they were bottomless. After we finished dinner, we ordered the molten chocolate cake to share, and of course, E and H loved that too. Baby N, however, was feeling a little left out. So, Jared got him out of his seat and was holding him, and gave him a small taste of the ice cream. He naturally wanted more, and with his fast-as-lightning hands, grabbed the closest thing he could; Jared's freshly refilled glass of ice cold strawberry lemonade. Baby N's face was classic, clearly shocked about being soaked and freezing. Poor Jared was trying to remain composed as he held Baby N and dealt with a lap full of ice and lemonade. Me, I just laughed as I watched from the other side of the table. (I'm not all that bad, Jared was laughing too) I eventually took Baby N from Jared so he could deal with the mess. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I can totally relate! Though last time that happened to us, the drink soaked the table, Grandpa, and just poured into our open diaper bag...the placement of everything was just perfect. Add to that that I had JUST said, "Be Careful, he'll grab...{that}" which was just being pulled off the table! You're such a good sport!
Oh man, poor Jared! It's amazing how fast little hands can be!
That's great!
Post a Comment